My sister is moving out by September 1, so there's a bedroom in my apartment in Jamaica Plain becoming available. Depending on Ellie's situation, your move-in date may be a bit flexible if you like. Due to my asthma/allergies, I require a non-smoking roommate.
- Rent is $775/mo. ($1550 split two ways). Tenants pay for electricity, natural gas for the stove and hot water heater, and oil heat. I currently have Comcast internet but no tv/phone service. The electric/gas/internet bills are in my name, oil is in Ellie's.
- Two bedrooms, one bathroom.
- Large foyer. Ellie currently uses it as an office, but we can negotiate pretty much any use you like.
- Large open living room and dining room (very wide doorway).
- Decently sized kitchen with pantry and gas stove.
- Hardwood floors, high ceilings.
- Washing machine in the kitchen, dryer in the basement.
- First floor of an owner-occupied three-decker.
- I'm a 25-year-old full-time grad student with two part-time jobs in my field. My parents guarantee my financial stability.
- I don't own a tv or have television service, but am happy to have it ready when you move in.
- I have purple hair, and re-purple about once a month. The tub and grout tend to be faintly purple all the time, even after scrubbing and/or bleach. I mention this only because it drives Ellie bonkers, ymmv.
- I am kind of prone to clutter/too many personal possessions, but try to keep it in my bedroom as much as possible. I pick my shit up and put it away if poked about it.
- I don't really throw parties or invite people over, but you can host gatherings as long as you give me enough warning that I'm wearing Real Clothes not yoga pants when your guests arrive.
- My parents visit Boston once or twice a year, usually for a little over a week. Historically, they've stayed with us, but IDK how they will handle things with Ellie and I living in separate places.
- Currently I have one relationship, long-distance, with a man who visits every few months for about a week at a time.
- In general, overnight/short-term houseguests are cool with the landlords and with me.
- Alas, no pets that generate allergens.
- This is an LGBTQetc.-friendly, poly-friendly, and kink-friendly household.